Experimentation

WilliamH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this one a while back. I dig it, but let me know what you think of it.

4391376138_ef2befdab5_o.jpg

Would have been even better with more splash and a deeper depth of field.

Pretty neat. Is that a heavy does of water color, or paint? Any trick to timing or was it simply high speed shutter? Sorry about all the questions, I'm curious since I've never tried this...what did you drop in the glass?

I like the blue and white together. I did find myself asking what it would look like with open space up and to the left of the glass (glass more to the lower right). The reason I was thinking that is the direction of the shadow and a large part of the splash appears to be headed that way.

Pretty neat. Is that a heavy does of water color, or paint? Any trick to timing or was it simply high speed shutter? Sorry about all the questions, I'm curious since I've never tried this...what did you drop in the glass?

I like the blue and white together. I did find myself asking what it would look like with open space up and to the left of the glass (glass more to the lower right). The reason I was thinking that is the direction of the shadow and a large part of the splash appears to be headed that way.

I used watered down paint for this one, with a quick burst of the shutter. We dropped an ice cube into it to make the splash.

I love it. It would be cool if the cup was lower to the right though.

Yeah the direction of the movement of the splash calls for more space on the left of the cup. Also as Dominantly said used a smaller aperture give it some deeper DoF, try f/8.

Great colors and neat idea, I always say I want to try this type and the closeup water drop but I'm concerned I'll accidentally drown my camera somehow :p

That looks like fun, setting up the process to capture that shot. It could be part of an ad. Did you get more shots?

I use to think that you had to go to lots of places to use a camera. Now I am working with lights on a desk while it rains outside. It's like learning to draw all over again!

Neat idea! I would move it a little to the right, and crop a bit of the top off. I can see why you would leave so much space at the top, but it's just a little too much space imo.

Most reactions

Back