Experimentations?

Ngoface

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still new at this :blushing:

Any constructive comments, suggestions, or "words of wisdom" would be greatly appreciated!

I'm just playing around with the B/W feature, and trying out different Aperture and Shutter settings.

If anyone has any tips for a novice photographer please feel free to enlighten :thumbup:!
~Whether it has to do with Aperture Value, DoF, Shutter setttines ANYTHING!

1)
IMG_4023.jpg

2)
IMG_4024.jpg

3)
IMG_4025.jpg

4)
IMG_4028.jpg

5)
IMG_4029.jpg

6)

IMG_4030.jpg

7)
IMG_4031.jpg

Recent:
IMG_4124.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch Samanax, I'll be sure to thoroughly look through those links. The thing is, I never keep a steaday hand when shooting, so my pictures are blurry after I take shots that take awhile to shoot because of light absorption. I haven't learned how to adjust shutter speed or aperture to allow pictures to take in the right amount of light without the delay...

Keep taking pictures and experimenting.. Learn about composition and subject placement etc.. Subjects don't always look their best directly in the middle of the frame unless it's a great close-up.

I notice you seem to like to shoot in portrait position........ Personally, I see too many beginners who do that rather than step into the subject or zoom in to get the subject in the frame and end up with way too much foreground or too much sky.......two areas that don't bring much to the party and make their best appearance only as garnish..

if you are going to shoot in B&W, (or process that way) learn what filters bring out different colors so your subjects stand out from the rest of the shot clutter...

Post lots of photos, use feedback to help improve yourself, but develop some thick skin and only take about half of what you read to heart..:wink:

Aw man, thanks LarryD, I was kind of self-conscious about posting my novice pictures, if I could get constructive criticism from PROs like you guys above, I'll be good. I'll put aside the monochromes and read into composition!

Most reactions

Back