Expired film

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think at the film fail...

CadMarshall.jpg

This looks a lot like some of the stuff I've been trying to scan from the 80's. Only it wasn't that way initially. LOL

You've no idea how much time it takes futzing with LR and over-priced plug-ins to get that look!

Looks more like light leaks than a film issue to me.

Cool. Wonder what the caddy sold for

I know right, wasn't from my camera thank God. The whole roll was the same. I picked it up and wasn't expecting any images from it but was pleasantly surprised even though the emulsion was curled bad and brittle. The box was sun bleached. I used my original 135 film holder that came with the epson v800, it sandwiches the emulsion flat. 2nd time I used that holder, the initial time was used to confirm the height off the glass. I didn't care for the holder so I ordered a set from the V700 series, which I prefer.

Not something I will delve into that often unless the price is right. Expired film is getting crazy prices these days. I have a little more experience now and can deal with it.

Cool. Wonder what the caddy sold for

It was $9,900. The guy doesn't dicker, I wanted a GTO Judge that needed a body off restoration, tons of work. He was asking 3 to 4 grand too much. He still has it and he painted it without a body off restoration.

@zulu42 ...Here is a Ultramax 400 shot

UMGold400Min93570f4013E.jpg

Last edited:
@jcdeboever If you like the look of expired film, checkout Saul Leiter's work, he was a pioneer in color street photography one of the 1st, if not the first....

Cheers,

Enezdez

I know right, wasn't from my camera thank God. The whole roll was the same. I picked it up and wasn't expecting any images from it but was pleasantly surprised even though the emulsion was curled bad and brittle. The box was sun bleached. Expired film is getting crazy prices these days. I have a little more experience now and can deal with it.

Where can I get some crazy prices? I have a nice selection of expired film, which lived in the refrigerator for many years. I only pulled it out in the last few years. Tired of the crisper being loaded with 35MM film. :048: Not that everything is interesting, but Kodak High Speed Recording, Copy film (that I shot at ASA 8 in the 60s), some "rare" (that's sarcastic) B&W roll film for old box and folding cameras. That came from a drug store going out of business. Maybe some color film... Adox B&W and I'm sure some roll your own, Navy surplus B&W that I loaded. Some 120 or 620 B&W.

I hesitant to sell as I can't make any promises of the usefulness or quality. I don't have a dark room of my own anymore - water issues.

By the way, in 2014 I got out the AE-1 and shot a roll of color, probably only expired 10 years, it came back marked by the lab, that they had serious flaws. Yeah, expired film, grain, under exposed, color shift, and who knows what else. Last roll that I shot in good light, daylight, everything looked faded, dull, grainy. But I think it just means my eyes have been ruined by digital.

I know right, wasn't from my camera thank God. The whole roll was the same. I picked it up and wasn't expecting any images from it but was pleasantly surprised even though the emulsion was curled bad and brittle. The box was sun bleached. Expired film is getting crazy prices these days. I have a little more experience now and can deal with it.

Where can I get some crazy prices? I have a nice selection of expired film, which lived in the refrigerator for many years. I only pulled it out in the last few years. Tired of the crisper being loaded with 35MM film. :048: Not that everything is interesting, but Kodak High Speed Recording, Copy film (that I shot at ASA 8 in the 60s), some "rare" (that's sarcastic) B&W roll film for old box and folding cameras. That came from a drug store going out of business. Maybe some color film... Adox B&W and I'm sure some roll your own, Navy surplus B&W that I loaded. Some 120 or 620 B&W.

I hesitant to sell as I can't make any promises of the usefulness or quality. I don't have a dark room of my own anymore - water issues.

By the way, in 2014 I got out the AE-1 and shot a roll of color, probably only expired 10 years, it came back marked by the lab, that they had serious flaws. Yeah, expired film, grain, under exposed, color shift, and who knows what else. Last roll that I shot in good light, daylight, everything looked faded, dull, grainy. But I think it just means my eyes have been ruined by digital.

Send me quantity and price via pm

Dunno about the film but I like the car.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back