Exploring Our Forgotten World

Whootsinator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a few pretty cool hobbies. One of them is exploring and documenting old, decrepit, decaying structures and places that used to bustle with activity. We explore our forgotten world, and in the process I think we explore a little bit of ourselves each time as well.

The Fun Factory by ATK195, on Flickr

Intricacies of Abandonment by ATK195, on Flickr

Going Up by ATK195, on Flickr

A Wonderland of Many by ATK195, on Flickr

Scattered in the Dark by ATK195, on Flickr

In a Land of Graffiti by ATK195, on Flickr

Crosley Through Crosley by ATK195, on Flickr

Just Chillin by ATK195, on Flickr

The Boardwalk by ATK195, on Flickr

Barbecuing in the Sun by ATK195, on Flickr

Goons Were Here by ATK195, on Flickr

Watch For the Holes in Life by ATK195, on Flickr

Friendly Neighborhood Scrappers by ATK195, on Flickr

Thank you Iron. It's my latest 'serious' hobby, and I've really jumped in with both feet. The experience and fun is totally unique.

Urban Exploration + Photography is a great mix. I've read blogs and seen many articles on people going into this sort of hobby.

Great work. Something about #3 that really caught my eyes. A person struggling climbing up but no matter how hard it is he's trying to climb and won't give up until he get to his goal. Very inspiring in a way, I love it.

Are you in Missouri? It looks like the skyline of Kansas City...Nice shots though. I love this kind of photography too. Not to mention exploring.

The last shot looks like a video still from a movie. It makes me wonder what lurks behind that wall and what could be inside the van. Is it a innocent homeless man or a man up to no good. Intriguing.

I think #5 has potential to be a great HDR shot. I would love to see what's outside of that window.

Great work. Something about #3 that really caught my eyes. A person struggling climbing up but no matter how hard it is he's trying to climb and won't give up until he get to his goal. Very inspiring in a way, I love it.

Hahaha, thank you... My portly ladder-hating friend thoroughly appreciated your comment. :lol:

Are you in Missouri? It looks like the skyline of Kansas City...Nice shots though. I love this kind of photography too. Not to mention exploring.

No Tim, I'm not in Missouri or Kansas. I am in Ohio. Glad you like them. :)

Are you a member on Urban Exploration Resource: Welcome to the Urban Exploration Resource! I am a fellow urban explorer and would urge you to join and post... Where is this location?

I have been a member on UER for nearly six months now. It's a great group of people that will really do a lot for each other after you get 'in' the group.

The last shot looks like a video still from a movie. It makes me wonder what lurks behind that wall and what could be inside the van. Is it a innocent homeless man or a man up to no good. Intriguing.

Check out the photo title. 'Friendly Neighborhood Scrappers'. Just some dudes down on their luck, looking for some metal to turn in. Win-win, really. They get money and waste is collected for reuse. In a way these people keep the costs of raw materials down, even if not by a large margin.

I think #5 has potential to be a great HDR shot. I would love to see what's outside of that window.

I think the allure of this shot is that you CAN'T see outside of the window. You're stuck in this dark, gloomy, trashed room. Besides, there's nothing cool out of that window. :(

Thank you for your comments, everyone! :hug:: My Flickr has EXPLODED thanks to these photos. Previously 200 - 300 views in one day was my best, but that record got blown out of the water! The first day I uploaded them I received 470ish views, and yesterday I received 836!

I've always wanted to do this, but I can never find locations :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back