Exploring

flygning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SouthDakotaJune-July07107e1.jpg

Sunset Crater National Monument, AZ

I really like the composition on this shot. Something about the colors seems slightly off, but I can't put my finger on it.

Is that volcanic ash on the ground? It looks like a real interesting place.

Yeah, it is volcanic ash. Anything more specific on the colors? I love the composition on this one as well, and I'd like it to really jump out at you, but I can't quite get that effect here.

I guess maybe it's that it looks a little washed-out, not enough contrast?

I just checked out your blog...I love that shot from Zion Natl. Park. I would put that on my wall.

I would love to be able to get out to Utah to do some photography.

Perhaps you're right about it being washed out. The sun was already pretty high when I got there. I'll have to go back some time and see what I can do.

I'm glad you liked the Zion shot- I posted several here. I could probably spend a good chunk of time in Utah. The parks down south are so unique, and up north it is so green and lush (at least compared to AZ). I definitely plan on going back, just as soon as gas prices come down a bit...

No. It is not washed out. It is the light against you that gives you these colours, and they are totally all right. Plus the greens are still this bright and soft, the plants are only just beginning to build up their chlorophyll, so the greens are not yet as intense (which is my most favourite time of year cause it is my most favourite kind of green! :lovey: ).

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE backlit leaves.
And I really like how this photo has no horizon at all. Makes that one big tree (and all the smaller other ones) really stand out nicely!!!

And then that little splash of colour by the three people doing the climb. Cute!

The shadow of the tree that is off centered is really cool looking. I wouldn't mind seeing more pics of this area. I've never seen anything like that. Trees but no grass - would love to have my lawn like that.

Looking back through all of the shots I took here, none of them really came out that well. The place is really cool -- just black ground, black rock, and a few tough plants sticking around. I really loved that tree though. It was very...charismatic? If that makes any sense :p

Most reactions

Back