kittymaguire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cameraaperture.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi

I use lightroom and my harddisk is becoming full. I would like to know if it is possible to export images from the lightroom catalog, so I can move the majority of my images to another computer.

Thanks

Hi, im not sure if you want to export your images from Lightroom or if you want to export the catalog with all the original images and the changes you made to them.

You can make both from Lightroom but the second option its better, though it creates bigger filesize.

Firts option: You just select the files you want to export and go File --> Export. This will create a jpg or whatever other format you choose to export with all the adjustments you made in Lightroom applyed to it, but you will loose the ability to go through Lightroom history and undo something that you may want in the future.

Second Option: Go File --> Export as catalog, create a new folder and save your catalog to that folder, just make sure that "Export negative files" is selected before you click save. This will create a new catalog to that folder and Lightroom will also copy your original pictures there, then you can move that folder to a new computer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back