Exposures alternating in continuous shutter release (D5500)

Fluorescent or some sort of HID lighting? Alternating current cycling. It doesn't look like exposure is off, but white balance.
I can re-create the issue here in my bedroom, lit by a ceiling fan with LED bulbs, so I'm thinking it's some type of internal bracketing in the camera. I THINK I just got it to behave in 'sport' mode, whereby the camera over-rides all settings and does it's own thing.

Still looking at it...

It's not your camera. It's the lighting. It's a function of the AC system. Your lights flicker 120 times a second. Your eyes/brain cannot see it, but the camera can.
A solid theory, but I've gotten the camera back to shooting in continuous mode in all lighting without the weird bracketing look- even in the lighting that was producing the bad results a few minutes ago. Thanks to all for taking time out of your Saturday nite to think this thru!

Does your solution involve changing the shutter speed? :barbershop_quartet_member:
Ooh! That's good- yeah, it did, so the lights could still be in play.

Mebbe this will explain:

(Although he states the bulb flickers 60 times a second, it's actually 120)

You're in shutter priority. That said, your camera's going to meter each and every shot differently. If you're inside under controlled conditions go to manual.

Just a thought for the future, when posting more than three images and asking people at-large the perform image fault diagnostic work for you, it would be really great to maintain the original in-camera, numeric-based numbering. For several reasons.

Just a thought for the future, when posting more than three images and asking people at-large the perform image fault diagnostic work for you, it would be really great to maintain the original in-camera, numeric-based numbering. For several reasons.
Thanks Derrel, will do

Most reactions

New Topics

Back