Expression

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've tried to address all the issues raised in my last submission.
Grounding - making it look less like the subject and chair are divorced from the background.
Texture - better skin texture.
Baseboard - less obvious
Wall decorations intrusive - now muted.
Facial expression - Almost as expressive as Lucille Ball.

C&C are always welcome. :D

Dottie2e.jpg

By Jove I think you're getting there. LOL Now for the little nitpicks. Right shoe the shadow looks to be going the wrong way. Not a big fan of the phone cord coming out of the leg, might look better if it were in view all the way down or coming out from under the shoe. What are the light streaks on the floor???? Think I would clone them out. Skin looks great, just enough processing/not to much, I like it. On the accessories on the wall, you might move them just a tad off the edge, so if you decide to print, you won't be cutting off part of them.

Just an afterthought, if you look at some of the early pinup art, a lot of them were very minimalist in the surroundings (very little floor/ground detail, no walls, background, etc), the focus being entirely on the model. I like what you've done with very few props, have you tried any without?

Last edited:
Like it!

Keep it up!

By Jove I think you're getting there. LOL Now for the little nitpicks. Right shoe the shadow looks to be going the wrong way.
That's the real shadow as created by the lighting.
Not a big fan of the phone cord coming out of the leg, might look better if it were in view all the way down or coming out from under the shoe.
Conceded. I didn't see that but now I can't UN see it. I might be able to steal a cord from another image, eliminating it altogether would be noticed by old farts like us who didn't grow up with cordless phones. ;)
What are the light streaks on the floor???? Think I would clone them out.
What are they? Light streaks. The sun came out unexpectedly and shone through a gap in the curtains. I left them there to add to the realism of the floor thinking they helped eliminate Derrel's complaint on the other shot.
Skin looks great, just enough processing/not to much, I like it. On the accessories on the wall, you might move them just a tad off the edge, so if you decide to print, you won't be cutting off part of them.
Thank you, as for the accessories, I'll leave them there unless I decide to print (which I rarely do) but if I do I'll remember to shift them a little. :)
Just an afterthought, if you look at some of the early pinup art, a lot of them were very minimalist in the surroundings (very little floor/ground detail, no walls, background, etc), the focus being entirely on the model. I like what you've done with very few props, have you tried any without?
I've been thinking of trying that, not sure I have a shot that it would work with yet. I'd also have to turn the model into more of a watercolour image and I have yet to find an arty filter thing that does that in the way I want it.

Thanks for your input! :D
Always appreciated.

I can see your photo becoming a phone company advert..
The phone bill was how much!

That's the real shadow as created by the lighting.

Then I'm confused on light direction because it doesn't seem to match the shadows of the chair legs?

I left them there to add to the realism of the floor

I don't know, to me they just look out place as there's nothing to tie them to, nothing to rationalize where they came from, they're just blobs on the floor that look out of place. Maybe a light beam going off frame to the left would tie them in? With set shots I strive to eliminate the little incongruities in the scene. You're basically telling a story, and you want the viewer to focus on the story. Continuity throughout is important, because the brain subconsciously zeros in on anything deemed out of place.

Great shot overall though, I really appreciate your posting these, they have me taking notes for future sets.

Excellent and fun image!

Useful feedback in this thread, although in this one I'd not noticed any areas for improvement until I read the comments, so we must be on to fine tuning now.

The light streaks on the floor read as "light streaks "… I would leave them in, as they add realism and a sense of depth.I am more troubled by the phone cord suddenly appearing out of her leg.

The light streaks on the floor read as "light streaks "… I would leave them in, as they add realism and a sense of depth.I am more troubled by the phone cord suddenly appearing out of her leg.

Is this better?

Dottie2erevised.jpg

yeah, That is much better on the telephone cord

Most reactions

Back