External camera?

MarkJako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

One issue from a camera enthusiast but with little technical knowledge.

I would like to have a small camera (if possible as good as cameras on modern mobile phones are, with good quality, autofocus, stabilisation, etc.) that I could plug in a PC or mobile phone and use as e.g. endoscope or web camera.

Is it possible to make something like that form a mobile phone camera? Could one strip a camera from a mobile phone and connect it somehow to a USB cable and plug it in a PC or another mobile phone. Will it work? Are cameras in modern mobile phone able to work for themselves or they need a powerful software to work properly?

Are there producers that makes or can make such cameras? Or maybe some freelancers that can help me with that?
Mark

Hello and welcome, not sure exactly what you want to do but good luck........

I doubt you can just pull the sensor out of a cell phone and wire it up to a USB cord. You need some sort of processor to deal with the data coming off the sensor.

It's going to be a lot less work to just buy an endoscope. Not sure if it could do double-duty as a webcam.

I got my endoscopic camera both still and video from amazom uk not compatible with I os but workers brill on my win 7 lap top used it in the weekly challenge abstract.
Worth looking at on line sites

Most reactions

Back