External Hard Drive Help!!!

what happens if you click on any other files? such as jpg or tiff. maybe those photoshop files are corrupted. not familiar with the nbz file. what if you right-click on the photoshop project file (assuming these are project files you are trying to open) and select OPEN WITH....then point to photoshop and check the box that says always open with this program. at this point i would try copying photos from another hard drive to this one in question, then try to open them from this hard drive in question. if they open, and i'm sure they will, then you know it isn't the hard drive. sounds like corrupted files.

Michelle - it might be nice to see a screenshot of the window showing the files. We might be able to identify something helpful there. Here is a brief set of instructions on creating a screenshot, just in case...

http://bestmoodle.net/ks/web/screenshot.htm

Then post the resulting picture here. Thanks!

Sorry to be away so long...got tired of the thing and took it to a shop. When they hooked it up I had managed to wipe out windows. Then when I got it back (today) they told me I had wiped out the hard drive. So much for backing it up, huh? Anyway, got it working. I had the firewire plugged in....go figure. Thanks for all your help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back