External Monitor - Neewer products experience?

Great, now show us some shots done with it.
tenor.gif

Here is one I transferred to my phone via wifi. This pic has not been processed yet and is the original.

Screenshot_20190325-154807_Gallery.jpg

I sort of grew up during the evolution of the computer. From programming in Fortran on key punch cards (on a computer that filled a good size room) to the latest Win 10. Networking is one of those use it or lose it things, the last real network of any size that I set up was at least 10 years ago. I can muddle through things if need be, but no where near up to speed.
Smoke665, sounds like you started in this stuff about the same time I did. Do you remember the IBM 1620 and paper tape? Fortran was like learning to speak a second language and Assembler, well that was fun too. I had my first PC in 1984, whoops I am dating myself - a monster with 640K of memory, two 5¼ inch floppies and an orange on black monitor - Columbia brand if I remember correctly, an IBM clone - remember the XT. My clients had those "filled the room on the false floor" size monsters. I went towards the systems/business analyst part of the discipline rather than the hardware side, although I can still tackle some of the hardware stuff - the old saying - I know just enough to be dangerous - applies to me.

You might have to wait a bit for some examples, but I can try to get one or two in the next few days.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
My first computer was an Atari 1200 with a tape backup. I used to write music files on it in basic. It only had 64k of RAM. My next PC was a Tandy 1000 with a 10 meg hard drive and a monochrome monitor.

My first computer was an Atari 1200 with a tape backup. I used to write music files on it in basic. It only had 64k of RAM. My next PC was a Tandy 1000 with a 10 meg hard drive and a monochrome monitor.
You were advanced for the times - early '80s? I can't remember what I had on my desk at that time, probably some sort of IBM clone, probably pre-Dell as he didn't really get started until the late '80s, or early '90s. My how things have changed. I know have more computing power in my iPad than they had when the first satellite went into space.

WG

My Tandy came with 256k of RAM and I had it upgraded to 640k. Man, I thought I was cookin. My first lap top was a 286 with a monochrome screen. I still have it in my attic.

@WesternGuy I became computer literate (for the times) in the late 60's. Man I can still remember the sound that key punch machine made and how incredibly slow and boring it was entering all those lines of code card by card. I took a hiatus from the technical side till the early 80's when the President of the company I worked for became blinded by IBM's MAPICS. What a fiasco that was. I got tagged with making it work (never did). I left the company in 87 to start my own company. Our computer network was a ragtag bunch of PCs running DOS, networked with Novell. I never moved away from the PC network, but did dump Novell once Windows networking came on the scene. Though truth be told the old DOS machines and Novell was a whole lot more stable. I've used every version of Windows to date.

I remember when Windows 1 came out. I thought this is really dumb. I was used to writing in edlin.

Ahhh...the good old days. I moved away from the real techie side of things in the late '70s and moved more into the user and system/business analysis side of things doing consulting work for a few years in the early '90s when I actually worked for a company. The company was eventually bought out by another one and my job running the consulting services side of the company disappeared so I worked mainly as a contractor in business/system analysis for about 10 - 15 years before I retired. Hey it was all fun, well, most of the time.

Cheers guys and thanks for sharing the nostalgia and the trip down memory lane. :icon_mrgreen:

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back