Eye Closeup :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I deleted the original pictures I had here and am replacing them with the same ones that I posted on page 2 of the thread :)

5374101521_f1a56c2674.jpg

5374101763_f12b75884c.jpg

Last edited:
This is my daughter's eye I took a few months ago.

1162200458_2amrP-L.jpg

...and this is mine taken a few weeks back

Yours just inspired me to try for a better one of my eye :)

Did you take a picture of your whole face and then crop it? Or did you manage to get JUST your eye in the frame?

^that's kinda cool with the reflection...

Did you take a picture of your whole face and then crop it? Or did you manage to get JUST your eye in the frame?

Awww... thanks!

I managed to get just the eye in the frame. I used my extension tubes and my 50mm f1.8. Set the viewscreen to live focus and used a mirror to see the screen while I manually focused. I used my wired trigger to pop the shutter when I thought I had it right. I shot A TON of these. Probably 100+ and got 3 or 4 I thought were worth keeping.

Try it! It's pretty fun actually...:thumbup:

Awww... thanks!

I managed to get just the eye in the frame. I used my extension tubes and my 50mm f1.8. Set the viewscreen to live focus and used a mirror to see the screen while I manually focused. I used my wired trigger to pop the shutter when I thought I had it right. I shot A TON of these. Probably 100+ and got 3 or 4 I thought were worth keeping.

Dude! I totally didn't even think about using extension tubes! I have a few of them! :) LOL I'm an idiot!

Definitely going to try this tomorrow :) LOL

Awww... thanks!

Dude! I totally didn't even think about using extension tubes! I have a few of them! :) LOL I'm an idiot!

Definitely going to try this tomorrow :) LOL

Don't forget to post the results!
And don't get discouraged right at the outset, I very nearly gave up after 5 exposures, but I persevered! :lol:

is that a contact or did you do that in photoshop? Either way it's pretty damn awesome :)

Most reactions

Back