Eye Love Red!

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or, perhaps, Eye Love Orange would be a better title.

Taken this morning in (Sunday) in Omaha.

red.jpg

Woah! Nice shot! Does his eye really look like that??? It looks....otherworldly...

The only PP done to it was cropping just a SLIGHT bit in Capture NX.

D300, 105mm f/2.8 VR Macro, ISO 800, f/16. 1/60th.

The only PP done to it was cropping just a SLIGHT bit in Capture NX.

D300, 105mm f/2.8 VR Macro, ISO 800, f/16. 1/60th.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you had manipulated the image! Just commenting on how unbelievably awesome that looks. And slightly creepy. :)

Thanks.

The biggest problem with getting this shot is that I was shooting through WET glass... that adds a whole new level of difficulty. You can see some of the deformations from the water droplets in the lower left corner, I had to wait until he ducked down through a relatively dry spot on the glass before I could shoot it.

I used a higher ISO because the D300 has insane high ISO performance, which allows me to use less flash causing a lot less glare on glass while still getting a lot of depth of field.

I am anxious to try out my new ring flash, but they are useless in the extreme when shooting through glass... waiting for flowers and bugs!

Holy Sharpness, Batman! You can even see all the tiny little veins in the eye!! [And the hint of lipgloss must drive all the boy lizards crazy.]

Wonderful shot.

Most reactions

Back