F4U-1A Corsair in 1/32 Scale

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been trying to find the box of my old plastic models I built when I was a kid (I'm almost 50 now). After 3 different tries, I found them. They need a "restoration" though (broken wheels etc). I also found some slides I took using my dad's old Pentax camera. I scanned them and I thought I'd post them here. I used two pieces of wet-or-dry sandpaper as the runway, and blue poster board for the sky. Don't remember if I used any special lights other than the lights at my dad's workshop.

corsair-01-web.jpg

corsair-02-web.jpg
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Very nice. The old Revell kit?

From my cell phone, had you not told me I would have thought the 2nd one was real...

Mike, I really like these. Processing gives it an old timey look. Looks real. Brilliant use of sand paper!

Mike, I really like these. Processing gives it an old timey look. Looks real. Brilliant use of sand paper!

Processing was just scanning the slide and removing some dust, that was it. The old-timey look may be the fact it's 35 years old...LOL!

I'm in the process of repairing the broken ones and re-shooting them. I found an old sheet of roofing paper....looks like gravel. I'll post those when I shoot them. :)

I like the 2nd photo a lot! It looks like an authentic life size airplane

Most reactions

Back