facebook profile pics are great for keeping sharp and getting work

y75stingray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My brother asked me to come up for a concept and shoot a new profile pic for his facebook page. here is what i came up with

steve-3.jpg

This took about an hour for the shoot and edit and it was really alot of fun. I knew i would get comments on it but i was surprised how much work I actually pulled from it. three senior picture sesions and two engagements! a little facebook probono work goes a long way I guess.

fell free to C&C the photo as well!!!!

This is a nice image, I think there could be a little bit more subject / background separation but other than that great personality! Hmm also maybe a touch more exposure on him? I don't know if it is me, but it seems he is a bit dark, however that could just be the contrast between him and the background making it seem like that.

Facebook photos are actually a section of the commercial photograph services I offer, many real estate offices love it. I don't charge much, but honestly most of these people are just looking for a quick and clean head shot that takes maybe a total of 10 minutes. The creative avatars I do for people always drum up a lot of excitement! Especially since most people on facebook are used to seeing terrible images :)

This is a nice image, I think there could be a little bit more subject / background separation but other than that great personality! Hmm also maybe a touch more exposure on him? I don't know if it is me, but it seems he is a bit dark, however that could just be the contrast between him and the background making it seem like that.

Facebook photos are actually a section of the commercial photograph services I offer, many real estate offices love it. I don't charge much, but honestly most of these people are just looking for a quick and clean head shot that takes maybe a total of 10 minutes. The creative avatars I do for people always drum up a lot of excitement! Especially since most people on facebook are used to seeing terrible images :)

thanks for the critiuqe Joe, i agree I wish i could have seperated the subject from the backgrond a bit more but i was tight on space and had to make due. Offering online profile pic services sounds like a good idea I may have to get into that buissness eventualy.

Specifically in this case the subject / background separation is more a problem of color than distance. The earth tones do wonders together, but I think you can get away with bringing the background a bit cooler (just a touch) which would in turn separate the two a bit more. Of course this could also ruin the color scheme, which in this case is much more important.

Definitely look into it! I try to find work in any area I can, and that has been one that turns up at the oddest times.

Most reactions

Back