Failed water drop shots

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:confused:

First attempt. Gonna try again today w/ a different container (no writing on the bottom), try to nail the focus better, and play w/ my flash some more and see what I can get.

Hopefully my later shots will be improved, but this is where I started.

:lol:

4294692423_93ae4eb031.jpg

4295436808_32e9ccc191.jpg

4294691165_d4236eb238_o.jpg

4295435772_58f8063abd_b.jpg

4295436978_c37e7f1cf0_o.jpg

Hmm I don't know if its a result of your editing or the container you used but I can see a lot of little red dots all over the water in these shots - one two shots I am showing exif data and it says ISO 200 and noise at level level should not be as strong as I am thinking it is showing here - unles these were heavily underexposed?

Focus wise it looks like you got it pretty much well focused for most of the shots - 3 and 5 are a bit suspect - but with 3 its a harder type shape to focus on because its larger. 5 I think you would have a very hard time getting very drop in focus at the angle - a side on would work but not above down for that high a stack of drops.

well they were pretty underexposed and i noticed the noise too. im not sure what the deal is, its induced a lot from PP. these were the only decent ones and they were the ones i didnt nail the exposure on as i was practicing. figures lol.

Did you use your histograme whilst taking the shots to monitor the results? My guess is that all that refelective water might very well be messing with the camera and flash metering modes and that leads to underexposed results. If you work with the histogram and let your flash be dominant you can get away with a fast shutter speed; low ISO and a small aperture (f8 - f13 area). Then see what your flash gives you - boost it up with flash exposure compensation if more light is needed and if even more is required change to dialing in manual flash powers (trial and error abit but it whould not take too long to correct)

Most reactions

Back