What's new

Fair Skys

ToddM

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
161
Reaction score
16
Location
USA
I know this isn't the greatest shot, and it's kind of busy, but I had to try to show the sky in this shot. This is at the State Fair at dusk. It had rained non-stop for like three days in a row before it finally let up that morning. Then the lingering clouds dissapted at dusk later on to show this brilliant sky.

FairSkys.jpg

Canon PowerShot A620-hand held shot at like 1/60.
 
I like this one, too. Don't find it too busy all in all, and the title you chose is so apt :D. Funny ... the weather is finally becoming fairer and it is the sky above the fair ... nice! :D Lovely sky ... how did you get exposure so right for both the dark bottom and the "fair" sky?
 
Thanks guys! It was a stunning sky. I only could only get off a couple of shots of it because I had my little son with me and I had to keep up with him (ha ha). Didn't want to loose him in the wall-to-wall crowd.

LaFoto - Actually, the original shot is right much darker. I tried to lighten it as much as I could without loosing the color and detail in the sky. I opted for a much darker bottom to show off the sky. Other than that I just fiddled around with the contrast, lightness and saturation until it looked right. And some unsharp mask. Unsharp mask always seems to make things look more well exposed too. Oh yeah, I had to erase some nasty looking power lines with the clone tool also. ~

Here's the original, un-retouched:
FairSkys2.jpg
 
very nice sky combined with the lights, good capture.
 
Hey. Good job on the cloning out of all these power lines!
And yes, I like what you did to the colour lightness and intensity in your pp. Looks definitely better than the original. All in all, I still find this pic looks GOOD. AND you did not lose your boy in the crowds. THAT is even better (else you would have told us, wouldn't you?) ;).
 
Thanks LaFoto! I actually saw one woman out there who actually had her little child TIED to her waist with a leash. I felt like doing that with my kid but he wouldn't have it. :-)
 
Thanks Pirate. The only thing I would change now that I've had a few second looks at it is that I would take the saturation down like 5%. It looks like the color red is flareing just a little in some places now that I look at it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom