What's new

Fall Colors

Jeepnut28

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
normal_leaf_resize.jpg
 
Awww. Sure enough!
Fall's coming!!!
Lovely colours ... do you remember the TIME when you took this one? The sun is either STILL quite yellow (close to sunrise) or AGAIN yellow (close to sunset). Or so it seems. I like this (I think I'd have cropped it so the leaf would be a little less centred if this were mine, but ... it is not, so there ;)).
 
LaFoto said:
Awww. Sure enough!
Fall's coming!!!
Lovely colours ... do you remember the TIME when you took this one? The sun is either STILL quite yellow (close to sunrise) or AGAIN yellow (close to sunset). Or so it seems. I like this (I think I'd have cropped it so the leaf would be a little less centred if this were mine, but ... it is not, so there ;)).


Thank you for always commenting on my photos. You seem to always be one of the only one that does..........

I tried to crop it like you said, I was thinking the same thing as you. I didnt like the results of the crop though.....for some reason it just seems to work better centered for me.
 
great shot, i would comment on more photos like this if they were in the "Landscape & Nature" section as I spend most of TPF browsing days over there... and this would fit in quite nicely. I like the stone and moss around the fallen leaf. This shot definitely says "fall is coming...". :thumbup:
 
Where was this one taken? It reminds me of a spot I used to walk past on the way home from work when I lived in Halifax on the east coast of Canada. I miss the autumns there. They last so long, the weather is wonderful and the colours are unbelievable.

Also, beautiful shot. I like the textures and the DOF.
 
ninethousand said:
Where was this one taken? It reminds me of a spot I used to walk past on the way home from work when I lived in Halifax on the east coast of Canada. I miss the autumns there. They last so long, the weather is wonderful and the colours are unbelievable.

Also, beautiful shot. I like the textures and the DOF.


thanks. The shot was taken on 9/15/06 in Portland Oregon. It was at a place called Multnomah Falls......on the trail up to the first bridge. I live in the desert southwest so it was a welcome change to be able to shoot something like this.....
 
Wow, nice spotting, lighting and comp. Beauty
 
Nice. The edges of the leaf look like they're trying to blend in with the green grass.
 
Wonderful colors, my favorite time of year is on the way :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom