Fall Foliage starting to look good in New England!

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Decided to cut out of work a little early last night and head up to northern New Hampshire to check how the foliage was progressing. It's still pretty patchy- some areas were close to peak and then a mile down the road it was still mostly green. On the walk out to this place called Cherry Pond, my girlfriend and I spotted this Barred Owl. The photo here is @105mm and heavily cropped, but still looks decent for a landscape photographer! And the pano is from the pond overlooking the Presidential Range. Heading up further north tonight close to the Canadian border, hoping the color is near peak there!
owl.jpg cherrypond-2.jpg

Without me doing a search, is this owl about to fly to warmer climate, like Massachusetts? :)
Am in the Cape Cod area until mid October and would love to catch the colors, keep me posted.
Have a friend in NewMarket that I can stay with..
great captures,
Nancy

I would have nominated #1 for POTM, but alas I have already reached my limit of three.

I would have nominated #1 for POTM, but alas I have already reached my limit of three.

Well, I appreciate it anyway! I've never shot much wildlife before, but this was really fun...makes me want the tamron 150-600 even more

Most reactions

Back