Fall shots of my Corvette

JLB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fall colors are near peak here in Indiana, so I decided to go on a drive the other morning. Stopped out at Lake Monroe, and snapped a few pics. Didn't realize how difficult sunrise shots can be...

5080673674_1dc6fcaece_b.jpg

5080656808_a43bd2b2ec_b.jpg

5080082515_6cdb9e9336_b.jpg

Last edited:
im no expert by any means but the second shot the car is a bit dark for me and the third shot the car is so small it looks like you were shooting the trees and a car happened to get in your way

agreed that the second one the car is a lil dark but i kinda like it and the third one could be cropped a lil tighter but doesnt need to be a whole lot. but really its not fair that you have a vette and i dont.

Nice Z. Those brakes are killing me.

The yellow definitely works well with fall colors.

thats one sweet car, i agree with 3, it looks like the car was in the way of your pic, should of gotten a little closer.

Guys, I'm an amateur, I was just out enjoying the camera, car, and colors.

Nice car! Love photo 1 and 2! Yes, photo 2 is a little dark, but I think that's why I like it.

At 190+ mph, you need those big brakes :mrgreen:

190+MPH? Really? Never heard of a 'Vette working with something like that. ;)

Not sure I understand what ya mean.

He's saying you couldn't hit 190mph+.

The new Z06s can top out around 190, the ZR1 can supposedly hit 205mph...but no other Corvette can even come close to those numbers, stock.

Aside from that...if you have actually gone 190mph you'd know at that speed you have absolutely no use for brakes unless you're about to hit a wall. At around 200mph it takes approximately 500bhp just to *stay* at that speed. Let off the accelerator completely and you'd slow down faster than most people normally do using brakes.

BTW I used to race for Kawasaki (rode a ZX9R bored out to 989cc with a stage 1 turbo and have driven multiple sports cars to around 200mph)...I know what I'm talking about.

I'm definitely not doubting that's your car or anything of the like...just that you've hit 190+ in it. It's a sick-looking car and definitely would take one, but few people ever hit over 150mph in their lives and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Cool shots. When I shoot my car and have the front wheels turned, I usually try to be exactly perpendicular to the front wheel. Of course, that isn't the case every time, but I always like to get at least one shot from that angle.

It would compare closest to your first shot, if you had moved to the left a bit.

190+MPH? Really? Never heard of a 'Vette working with something like that. ;)

Not sure I understand what ya mean.

He's saying you couldn't hit 190mph+.

The new Z06s can top out around 190, the ZR1 can supposedly hit 205mph...but no other Corvette can even come close to those numbers, stock.

Aside from that...if you have actually gone 190mph you'd know at that speed you have absolutely no use for brakes unless you're about to hit a wall. At around 200mph it takes approximately 500bhp just to *stay* at that speed. Let off the accelerator completely and you'd slow down faster than most people normally do using brakes.

BTW I used to race for Kawasaki (rode a ZX9R bored out to 989cc with a stage 1 turbo and have driven multiple sports cars to around 200mph)...I know what I'm talking about.

I'm definitely not doubting that's your car or anything of the like...just that you've hit 190+ in it. It's a sick-looking car and definitely would take one, but few people ever hit over 150mph in their lives and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I'm not claiming I've done 190+, I aint brave enough. GM claims 198 mph stock for the Z06(as reported on the German Autobahn), again, I aint brave enough to call their bluff.

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Top Speed

2008 Corvette Specs - Z06 - Vette Magazine

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/2008-Corvette-Z06.html

Cool shots. When I shoot my car and have the front wheels turned, I usually try to be exactly perpendicular to the front wheel. Of course, that isn't the case every time, but I always like to get at least one shot from that angle.

It would compare closest to your first shot, if you had moved to the left a bit.

Thank you, and thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back