What's new

Falling Water

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
645
Reaction score
140
Location
WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went on a hike today and saw some falling water, looked like a good pic. Any tips for next time for this kind of shot? I've seen a few of these but I was trying to make sure that the SS wasn't too slow b/c I didn't have a tripod with me on the hike ;)


DSCN1408 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr
 
It looks good. Though I would have panned over to the right a little more to get the top of the waterfalls and less terrain on the left. But for a handheld shot, not bad at all.
 
It's all about the long exposures with waterfalls. If you can't pack a tripod, try to find a rock somewhere to rest the camera on. Some times the low angle will add to the shot in ways you didn't expect.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom