Families Belong Together March

Rick Waldroup

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.rickwphotography.com
Families Belong Together March - Fort Worth, Texas - June 30, 2018

On Saturday, June 30, 2018, thousands of demonstrators in hundreds of cities across the United States, took to the streets to protest President Trump's "zero tolerance" policy of separating immigrant children from their parents at border crossings. The estimated crowd size was right around 2,000.

1. The Start of the March

p2948669766-5.jpg

p2948669879-5.jpg

p2948669763-5.jpg

p2948669767-5.jpg

p2948669902-5.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots. I am partial to #2 and 4 - I think the angles in those are very effective in creating an atmosphere.

Thanks, Leonore, for the comments.

The two shots you mentioned are a result of shooting these types of events since the late '60's. To be honest, they can all really start to look the same, so sometimes I use odd angles, low angles, etc... to try to add more interest and give it a bit more dynamic tension that it would not otherwise have. However, in my opinion, relying heavily on these types of shooting methods can lead to it becoming a quick gimmick- but if used properly, it can add a different look.

Good story telling shots, 3&4 are my favourites.

Very nice work! :)

This are some very good photos. I enjoyed seeing them, but feel sad about the situation that brought them about. Terrible stuff we're doing here in this country.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back