What's new

Family Group Shot - Critique on PP?

andrew99

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
672
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys, here is a group family portrait I did. I am planning to print out some large prints and give them to the family members, but I need some advice on the post processing. I went for a pseudo Dave Hill inspired look, here is before and after. The before version has nothing at all done to it, just automatic batch RAW to JPG conversion.. it needs sharpening, etc. Anyway, and comments or criticism, particularily on the after version, much appreciated! Also if you think I should print the original version for a more traditional look, please say so! :)

Before:
GroupOriginal.jpg


After:
GroupProcessed.jpg
 
I prefer that after shot.:mrgreen:
I just wish you could find a way to get rid of the head shadow on the peach/pink shirt.
Other than that, it's a GREAT family shot and I think the people in your family would LOVE a print of it.:mrgreen:

Take what I say with a grain of salt, though, I haven't been doing this photography stuff long enough to offer up any type of professional opinion or point of view of anyone's pictures.
I just have a regular person's opinion.:lmao:
 
Thanks Chewbecca! Maybe I should have put the flashes higher, that might have made less obvious shadows. Also I didn't notice the covered BBQ on the bottom right until after I got home! Oh well, there will be no retakes since one couple lives in England and another couple is from Montreal (5 hours from here).
 
Thanks Chewbecca! Maybe I should have put the flashes higher, that might have made less obvious shadows. Also I didn't notice the covered BBQ on the bottom right until after I got home! Oh well, there will be no retakes since one couple lives in England and another couple is from Montreal (5 hours from here).

Larger light sources will help reduce shadows more than anything else (softbox, umbrella, etc.)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom