max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
still learning...what do you guys think? no flash,

732471260_zHNXW-M.jpg

Rebel XS, nifty fifty, f4, bad lighting...had to make do

Made me laugh. The parents look like they're about to start laughing too.

You can see the backdrop a little on the right side - should be real easy to fix though.

I like it. Not your typical family portrait, and that's part of why I like it.

It has a 'happy' feel to it.

Last edited:
the backdrop is actually a curtain i have in my office.....we did start laughing it was the kids idea.. to make the funny pose

732481670_6FHWv-L.jpg

havent processed this one yet

I think the first shot is neat... original pose, nice idea... maybe a portrait orientation may have served better, and the son may have crouched just a bit so he's not blocking the parents quite as much.

the second shot looks quite orange to me... maybe the white balance was a bit off?.. and of course you'll need to do a little PS to extend the curtain background... but they're composed nicely

thanks...the 2nd one is straight out of the camera....whitebalance was off for sure.

I like the first one as its like "If Then" you "Get" ;-)

Really like the second shot. The exposure is ideal in that it made for a very warm photograph. Could shoot the kid for the expression. And the woman's arm is a tad out of focus (but guessing that is from movement more than shutter speed setting).

Original idea on the first photo. Just a couple of ideas to maybe take it to the next level - it looks to me like the kid's neck is a little scrunched, so maybe have him extend just a little. Also, we lose part of the mom's face with the kid's head in front, so giving the mom a little more height or shrinking the kid a little would have given more face. Overall good job though.

Thanks for the tips guys. WIll take them into account on the next shoot

That first shot is very fun.
Technically neither shot is very good but you knew that.
Color is off as others mentioned, to dark, the backgrounds are not very good in either. That thing along the bottom of the second is distracting.
The most important thing about taking photos you had going for you however, they look like they are having fun and relaxed.

Most reactions

Back