TPF Noob!
Reaction score
$image-4271337181.jpg

$image-48092675.jpg

$image-80856311.jpg

$image-1407888989.jpg

The only one with the parents' heads has a branch over dad's face. :(

I like number 4. She looks so sweet!

There are lots of others with both the parents, these are just a few I wanted cc on. I liked the comp in 3, the parents weren't the focus just a presence. I shouldn't have called the post family pics, as they are mostly focused on the child.

Love the last one, just gorgeous.

Not very fond of #1; she's a cute little girl, but we really can't see much of her, and the composition makes her arms look like she's a double-amputee.

#2 is nice, albeit cliche. There seems to be a vignette which is (1) unnecessary, and (2) just distinct enough to be annoying, but not distinct enough to add anything to the image. I like the clothing coordination; that works well.

#3 would have been great but for the branch over Dad's face. Irrespective of your statement on the child being hte focus, this is, IMO, a compositional error which relegates an otherwise nice image to the circular file.

#4 Good expression, but the exposure needs some 'fine tuning' in the pixel room. Why did you choose to shoot this one in landscape vice portrait orientation? Have yesterday's railroad tracks becoem today's brick walls?

Overall, they're a nice set, but lighting and WB need work in all of them, as does composition. Keep at it!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

There are lots of others with both the parents, these are just a few I wanted cc on. I liked the comp in 3, the parents weren't the focus just a presence. I shouldn't have called the post family pics, as they are mostly focused on the child.
Why? In years to come the child might like to have some photos of her parents with the heads in place. Beheading the parents like that makes a photograph very uncomfortable. If you are going to have three people in the photograph then you at least need to show the heads.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back