Famous folk...

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Who on this forum has met/seen very famous people?
Here's my addition:
The Queen
Prince Philip
George Best
Elton John
Jairzinho (Brazilian world cup winner 1970)
Can't think of any more at the moment. I've seen plenty of UK actors etc but are not exactly world famous yet

I saw Doogie Howser and the guy that plays Greg on CSI at six flags.

Met the lead singer for the mighty mighty bosstones (as seen on clueless)

Seen on the street:
William S. Burroughs
not the lead singer, but the next famous guy in Aerosmith

I worked at a fancy hotel restaurant and made breakfast for:
Matt Dillon
Michael Landon

Stayed at my house:
Henry Rollins and Black Flag (1986)
GWAR (1988? 89?)

I was a guest musician for:
played kazoo on-stage with the Beat Farmers
guest drummer for Southern Culture on the Skids for knowing what animal "cooter" is

Darfion, I assuming the athletes and entertainers, where other that shows or sporting events.

<<-- QE 1
Clyde Butcher - photographer
Alex Fernandez - baseball pitcher

in my hay-day (before i was married) .. Wesley Snipes (actor) tried to pick me up at a night club :lol:

Denis Rodman (basketball player) .. tried to pick me up at a night club

i meet Prince at a night club briefly ... he's much shorter in person :roll:

i dated a famous foot-ball player (rather not mention his name) for a while ... he had a huge ego, had to get rid of him and was almost stalking me :shock:

had a govenor hit on me at a resturant, but i didnt want to end up in the tabloids :lol: *scandelous*

saw Fransis McDermon (sp?) on the streets of NYC (the pregnant cop in the movie Fargo)

thats all i can think of now :D

the security guys we're bringing him in and they said that's who it was ... i was standing nearby and he introduced himself and bought me a drink :D

i was much more sassier than the old bag i am now :greenpbl:

WOW do I feel lame. Let's see.

I flew to Aussie land with Charlie Pride (Country Western Singer for all you young'ns) in the 70's

Tom Selleck in the 80's
Don Ho
(lived in Hawaii)

ummm....
Oh yeah...
The All American Rejects and Bowling for Soup...bands that I took my daughter and 1000 of her closest friends to see because I am the coolest mother in the whole world.... :wink:

Thorniest Whisper said:
WOW do I feel lame. Let's see.

I flew to Aussie land with Charlie Pride (Country Western Singer for all you young'ns) in the 70's

ummm....
Oh yeah...
The All American Rejects and Bowling for Soup...bands that I took my daughter and 1000 of her closest friends to see because I am the coolest mother in the whole world.... :wink:

Have you hear of the 7deg of separation, a friend’s wife’s stepfather owed a country nightclub in 80’s in Ft Lauderdale, Charlie Pride played there, She gave me some photos of him taken at the clue, we have seen each other within 5deg

Thats funny, he seems to pretty renown over there in oz, when i was in tazzy Charlie Pride was the talk of the town!

For me there is a local legend that when I was in a bar in Athens Georgia I started talking to Michael Stipe of REM. Apparently I told him that I loved all their REM albums except for the last I thought was shite :oops: . I don't really don't recall anything from the alcoholic binge, so I don't know if my mates are yanking my chain or not. I hope they are.

Oh pretty much seen all the kiwi actors from LOTR and Shortland Street roaming around Mission Bay. And saw Ed Hillary here in auckland too (He actually has his home phone number listed in the public phone book under Hillary, Sir Edmund)

And because I am really not afraid to embarrass myself, here is a picture of miss queensland, me and miss australia in Dingo, Australia. Embarassing for miss queensland and miss oz that is!

missoz.jpg

hi kids
im home

hmmm..Kylie Minogue
a bunch of Aussie actors none of you would know whom I met through my actor cousin.
Jamiroquai
Chris Isaak
Im sure there are others. :?

Most reactions

Back