TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

3541623994_6a43e97eac.jpg

3541699348_38811fa185.jpg

3540891325_2abccbc55b.jpg

3540891615_5858ff13ae.jpg

I like a few of them. Some of the framing is a bit too dead on. But that really is not a big deal.

could you be more specific? im a beginner, and the more input the better.

i think thestory means you've got your subject centered in the frame completely in almost all of these, explore the rule of thirds or at least become aware of it, and consider it in your composition. its not that there is anything WRONG with centering a subject, its just that there are better alternatives at times.

they are all in focus, animals are exposed pretty well.

i would try going wider showing more, or eliminate more from the background so that you can better isolate the animals. as of now i think your backgrounds don't add to the photographs. with a simple plain background or patterned one you can pull the animal out of the photograph even more, or move out showing more of the cluttered environment and find good composition and you can show the animal AND its environment.

but i don't think they work well as they are, the first is my favorite.

hey newermdmike, thanks that was a helpful analysis. you are right, i tend to zoom in on everything i photograph. i keep forgetting that i can always crop an otherwise wide shot down at home. i am familiar with the rule of thirds, but when i played around with it, it looked kind of strange with some of these shots. the first is my favorite too. that board laying on the ground on the right is kind of rule of the 3rd's-ish yes? maybe thats why the shot looks good compared to the others.

the pig and rooster were calm and went about their business, allowing me to shoot them in natural "poses". the goat and the sheep though did not take their eyes off me the entire time i was there.

btw, that glowing halo around the goat is actually a chain link fence that i was shooting through. all the other animals i was close to....but the owner advised me to stay out of the goat's pen. apparently a head butt from him can kill, and i wasnt going to test the authenticity of that claim. heh.

Most reactions

Back