Fashion

I just think that fashion is a part of our lives. We all have to wear clothes. People have to design those clothes, and it would be very weird to live in a society where everyone wore the SAME clothes.

To say that the fashion industry is stupid is to say something like "the automobile industry is stupid" or the "industrial revolution is stupid".

Humans created clothes. Humans created different clothes and certain people liked certain clothes. There is born the fashion industry.

Fashion is great.

Fashion is another way for humans to define themselves in a world where individuality should be celebrated.

And if Germany people are going broke because of fashion then someone needs to open up a few wal-marts over there.

Fashion doesn't have to be expensive. Personally I like a good thrift store and Winners.

To say that the fashion industry is stupid is to say something like "the automobile industry is stupid" or the "industrial revolution is stupid".

I never said the industry is stupid, i said the concept as it is lived by some is stupid. maybe i phrased it a bit harsh since it was just one of those days ;)

Fashion is another way for humans to define themselves in a world where individuality should be celebrated.

well, i am saying that fashoin as it is lived by many (probably those you call sheep), does the opposite.

BTW, they are closing down Walmarts over here ;)

Fashion doesn't have to be expensive.

for many it has to be ... and peer pressure is enormous (not on me though , as noone wants to be my peer ;)).

of course you could always say ... it's just them fools.

Hmmm... interesting... I totally agree with you Alex... But to add to that, I think that the clothes you wear should not label you... I work at a bank and I have to dress up to look professional... I personally hate it... Wearing slacks, silk shirt, dress shoes, and a tie does not make the quality of work any better, but people that come into the bank would be more likely to go to another teller that was dressed up than if I dressed in a shirt and sweat pants. That to me is silly because the way I dress doesn't tell anything about my intellegence (my spelling does though), my attitude, my customer service skills, my productivity, or my work ethic. However, clothes have created a label about a person. I personally (and I hate this about myself) think that someone that is dressed like a punk will be a jerk, and 9-10 they are not. In fact, they are some of the coolest people that I could have met. Somebody that dresses like an engineer is not always smart; someone that dresses like Paris Hilton is not always ugly, ditsy, or spoiled (did I over do that one?). I hate that the way I dress places me into a catigory (like I should be put into a catigory of non-spellers because I really can't not because I look like I can).

Hmmm... interesting... I totally agree with you Alex... But to add to that, I think that the clothes you wear should not label you... I work at a bank and I have to dress up to look professional... I personally hate it... Wearing slacks, silk shirt, dress shoes, and a tie does not make the quality of work any better, but people that come into the bank would be more likely to go to another teller that was dressed up than if I dressed in a shirt and sweat pants. That to me is silly because the way I dress doesn't tell anything about my intellegence (my spelling does though), my attitude, my customer service skills, my productivity, or my work ethic. However, clothes have created a label about a person. I personally (and I hate this about myself) think that someone that is dressed like a punk will be a jerk, and 9-10 they are not. In fact, they are some of the coolest people that I could have met. Somebody that dresses like an engineer is not always smart; someone that dresses like Paris Hilton is not always ugly, ditsy, or spoiled (did I over do that one?). I hate that the way I dress places me into a catigory (like I should be put into a catigory of non-spellers because I really can't not because I look like I can).
So basically what you're saying is, you hate the world for creating the labels you use?

Damn those labels, that you use as well. They're good for nothing, until you need to use them.

i think bill and i just re-dicovered how vain this world really is ( at least the part created by humans ;) ) .. that is not a new thing and not really a secret :p

and the only thing we could be laughed at for, is that we are just again and again amazed by this, even though we ourselves participate in the game every day.

Following 'Fashion' has benefits.

It permits people to;

1. demonstrate that they are keeping up with the latest trend and

2. avoid the not inconsequential effort of thinking for themselves.

I don't understand why everyone think that Fashion or the following of fashion is some sort of "lemming" like quality in the general populace.

Fashion became an art form many years ago when the world realized it was just as much of a facet for a person to express their individuality. Any trends that are created aren't created for the world to follow, they're just created. People will decide if they like it, and personalize accordingly. I don't see millions of people walking around wearing the exact same out fits.

If I did, then I'd have to agree with you.

There's so many different "styles" out there that what you're saying doesn't even make sense.

Fashion, blah.....give me a pair of jeans, a shirt with a collar and tennis shoes and you've got fashion for comport!

Professionally: a tailored suit, white shirt with cuff links, blended color tie and a solid pair of loafers or wing tips wins every time.

As for women......lowcut anything! :lmao:

The older I get the less I care about fashion. :lol: Give me a pair of shorts and a tee shirt and I am happy. My 18yr old daughter gasps in horror at me at sometimes.

I work at a Dry Cleaners and am amazed at some of the clothes I see. $200 jeans you name it. Personally I can think of better things to do w/ $200. I am just cheap.

The older I get the less I care about fashion. :lol: Give me a pair of shorts and a tee shirt and I am happy. My 18yr old daughter gasps in horror at me at sometimes.

I work at a Dry Cleaners and am amazed at some of the clothes I see. $200 jeans you name it. Personally I can think of better things to do w/ $200. I am just cheap.

Nope.....sensible! ;)

everybody! take off your clothes!!
thats what Alex talking about!

Most reactions

Back