Fastest car on the planet...

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
Passed me today in our new van... :biglaugh:

Normally I wouldn't post stuff like this down here but there's a bit of a story to this one. We have been looking for vans for a while and finally found the one on the internet a few days ago at a dealership right up the road. It was a '99 Dodge Caravan that was in great shape with lots o' bells and whistles and such. Now the internet price on the van was for a thousand off. So, on Friday, we drive down to take a look at it. Low and behold, it's already sold but they have a new trade in that's a 2000 Chrystler Grand Voyager, for a lot more but better shape. Typical bait and switch. With check in hand we say thanks but we need the price to be lower than the van we came for before we'll consider a purchase...and to keep in mind we may make another purchase in the future because both of our cars are pretty small. Long story short, it was supposed to be ready on Saturday by noon and at 12:30, when I said I was leaving without the van, the dealer knocked off quite a bit more than I ever thought possible from the price of a used vehicle. Almost half of the original asking price. Here's some pics:

IMG_001.jpg

IMG_002.jpg

IMG_003.jpg

Moral of the story: Never be afraid to walk away from the dealership because they're more likely to give you the price you want and if they don't, there is another dealership somewhere close that will. ;)

Congrats on the new family mobile. I recently watched a documentary on IFC called "Slasher" about a used car dealership in memphis, TN giving away cars for $88. It was pretty cool.

Here I was thinking we got a good deal, but $88 :shock:

What was the starting price and finishing price for those of us that are curious and for comparison?

Starting price was around $7000 and we paid $4500 in the end. Blue book value for the van is over $8000. The dealer paid $5300 for it.

That's a deal!!!! He must have really wanted rid of it. Happens all the time here. They get cars and can't sell them so just want rid of them. Normally the cars are fine.

Have fun. You'll look like a proper mummy driving that Aubrey. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back