TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was trying to make it look like the watch was in an ad. C&c please

Watchanddroplets002.jpg

Watchanddroplets001.jpg

Hi there,

You can use something along the lines of the Tamron 70-300mm which has macro function and is fairly cheap (around £150 GBP)

If you wanted to spend more there are specific macro lenses for Nikon from themselves, or Tamron or Sigma etc. like 50mm and 60mm.

I personally use the 70-300 from Tamron and its good for occasional macro.. hope this helps.

the face seems a little hazy. maybe a filter would help it out? not sure. also, might look good against a continuous dark background.

agreed. they look hazy. i think the whole watch should be in focus, also.

Needs some contrast...as rusty9 said, they look hazy. The second photo's point of view and composition are better than those in the first photo.

Most magazine photos have a solid white background. A piece of unused printer paper would work fine for a watch. Like they said above, adjust your aperture down a few stops so you get more of the watch in focus. I would also recommend trying different camera angles to see if you can reduce the amount of glare on the lens.

Whenever your photos have a "fog" to them like these, you can usually fix it to at least some degree in post processing. Here's what I would have done PP wise to your second picture:

Increased contrast and color saturation in Photoshop CS3:

watch.jpg

the pre edit pics def needed some contrast, the edit is a lot better! the others just seemed like the lighting was off and wasn't right.

August needs to hurry up and get here so i can start my photography class :/ Apparently i suck

I hope this doesn't sound to below the belt, but the watch needs cleaning. For product shots this is a must. I know a couple watch collectors and they like to shoot watches through window light sometimes ;)

Hopefully you are shooting on a tripod? If so I'd suggest rack-focusing (where you take many images, each image a different part in focus) then going into photoshop and creating a single new image.

This helps get rid of the focus problem, especially if you are trying to shoot macro where it is very difficult to get everything in focus.

Also when shooting watches, 10:10 is a very pleasing time to see. At least I'd assume so because I have seen many photographers whom shoot watches do this. Since I have yet to shoot a watch I am not really sure why.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back