faucet in rgb

johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've finally developed the courage to venture past the back door slider (see Kitchen Utensil thread).

Faucet from the back yard. I liked the textures.

09Aug08, 40D EF-S 60 lens, ISO 200, Av, 1/125sec at f/4.5.

Black + white version here.

faucet_in_rgb_by_johnguarino.jpg

I like it, too.
Would one stop down have rendered the bottom part in focus, too, maybe?
Nice selective focus all in all, and good colours.
This photo makes me think of the work by our member "invisible" ... he also focuses on the mundane objects and gives them a life of their own in his photos.

Last edited:
I like it, too.
Would one stop down have rendered the bottom part in focus, too, maybe?
Nice selective focus all in all, and good colours.
This photo makes me think of the work by our member "invisible" ... he also focuses on the mundane objects and gives them a life of their own in his photos.
Thanks Corinna, and yes, I'm stealing ideas from Federico (and you!). I tried a smaller aperture, but didn't like it as much when going over the images, so stuck with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to wait until the sun got to the other side of the house to have another go at the faucet, wanting to see if I could get more of the faucet in focus, as per Corinna's suggestion.

40D EF-S 60 lens, manual everything, ISO 3200, 1/60sec at f/18, for all three of these. On tripod and cable release. I'd also tried Tv 1/200 sec, but aperture was pretty wide and didn't achieve the focus being sought.

The second and third images are from the same photo, but in PS, after inserting into a new image for the border, it appeared so grainy, I created a border on the one I'd tried transplanting.

So, first one, essentially uncropped.

2751523405_3875da98dd.jpg

When looking over the photos, there was this one, where part of the faucet handle had been cut off. So I cropped it further.

2751524107_e272e9edf3.jpg

But in PS, its grain was off the charts, although posted here, it doesn't appear as bad. Anyway, I went back to it, and rather than copy and paste it onto a background, as above, I just created a border in a new layer, but it had to be rather slim.

2752358236_b5ce812325.jpg

If it weren't for the grain, the middle one would be the one I prefer.

Oh, and during the shoot, I realised, "faucet, duh, water!"

Yes, I'm quick.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back