Favorite Camera

I have a Fuji X-T2 and a decent range of lenses, it's an excellent camera, but my favourite is a little silver Fuji X-M1 with a 27mm f2.8 prime lens permanently attached.

It's so portable I carry it everywhere, and having just one, fixed focal length means I have to find the best angle, position and viewpoint to get interesting shots - this adds to the fun of travel, and has also resulted in some of my favourite images.

To reward my little trooper I bought it a leather case and an aluminium lens hood. An optical viewfinder may follow. :)

Last edited:
Which format?
Probably none.
I am lucky enough to have several cameras. So I treat the camera like a tool in a tool box. I select the camera and lens to use based on what I am going to shoot, and how I want to shoot. I don't shoot football with my P&S, nor do I take my view camera on vacation.

When I was younger, I used to be a 35mm SLR snob.
Then I learned, that being a snob costed me MANY lost pictures. This was because the SLR was not easy and fast to bring into action around the house, so many "photo ops" were never shot. That is where a small P&S (or Instamatic) would have worked much better.
After that bitter lesson, I try to be more objective in camera/lens selection. Different cameras have a place in the kit. Having a "favorite" will bias the selection, and it may not be the most appropriate selection.

Having said that.
For many people it is the phone camera, because it is more available than any camera, as many people live with their phone within arms reach. And the Image Quality you can get out of them is fantastic, so why carry a P&S camera?

Last edited:
I only have one so that's easy. Panasonic FZ300. I learned on a Minolta film SLR, then had a Nikon D40 for a while, then a FZ200 and now an FZ300. I'm the rare case of a photographer who has downgraded over the years instead of upgrading, but since tech has improved so much I'm not that worried about it. You can take good pics with any camera nowadays, even (gasp) phones!!!!!

One that works.

My Nikon Z6. When I got it, and two native Z lenses, I sold off my D800, DF and all of my F-mount glass. I'm sold.
Hard to explain, but it's what I've needed and wanted for years.

My Nikon F5 followed by the FM2n. Polar opposites but fine equipment each in their own right. Both used with MF glass for the most part.

My now deceased 1ds.

I have a 5D for the mean time, but I want a new 1 Series, and then a MF digital.

My Nikon D4 is my favorite.
But there are times when I miss my old D90.

My favorite digitals are the Pentax K-70 and an old Minolta Dimage A2; a 2/3 sensor, 8 Mpixel "bridge"camera that takes extraordinary quality photos using an "extra fine" jpeg mode. It also has RAW and TIFF and is the most user friendly camera I own. You only have to go into the(small) menu when you want to change a basic setup. The Pentax features Pixel Shift Resolution which I use quite a bit, seeing as I shoot mainly nature/landscape. Obviously PSR doesn't work on moving creatures, but it's hell on plants and landscape. It also features an Astrophotography mode which takes all the guess work out of night shots.

Reactions: pez
I like my Panasonic Dlsr

I have owned a lot of cameras over the years. In film 35 mm, my favorite Camera was the Nikon F3HP,mainly due to the extremely good High eye-Point viewfinder,which allowed me to see everything cleared out of the four corners of the viewfinder while wearing my eyeglasses.

I have owned digital single lens reflex cameras from Fuji, from Canon and from Nikon. Since 2001 I have owned it 11 different camera models from those three manufacturers. I guess I would say that my favorite DSLR was/is the Nikon D3X, which was a really good shooter. I sold that camera after having used it for about five years. It was really a good camera.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back