Favorite Piece of Equipment???

SCBrins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I am just starting my business and I have all the basics, Camera, tripods, portable lights, reflectors etc. etc. I have some seed money left over (about $600) So my question for all of you, is what is the one piece of equipment, outside of the basics, you can't live without?? Could be anything from a lens pen, to a lens baby, to a tablet, to whatever!

Gavjenks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Odd nonstandard equipment? Probably my pinhole lens. But it only costs like $1.50 The real cost was the ridiculous amount of time trying over and over and over again to get a perfectly round correct sized hole in that stupid brass shim stock and file it down right without screwing something up. Maybe I just like it because it has such a disproportionate amount of sweat put into it for what it is.

Light Guru

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I am just starting my business and I have all the basics, Camera, tripods, portable lights, reflectors etc. etc. I have some seed money left over (about $600) So my question for all of you, is what is the one piece of equipment, outside of the basics, you can't live without?? Could be anything from a lens pen, to a lens baby, to a tablet, to whatever!

Well you have not told us what type of photography business you will be doing so nobody can say what would help you most as for as equipment goes.

I would say why do you have I spend it on equipment? You will get a greater return on your investment if you use it to take a class or workshop buy some books etc on how to run a business.

Gavjenks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
^ Oh yes definitely the books, if you have not already invested in that. Certainly my best "nonstandard" (although it should be standard) investment, now that you mention it.

Tailgunner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

goodguy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
My Nikon 70-300mm VR is my favorite piece of equipment

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

I guess this is "outside" the basics.... Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S VR II Nikkor ED-IF Lens - Nikon USA Warranty 2185 (or the Canon Equivalent)

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
A very attractive assistant.

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Insurance

^THIS Obviously.. for any Business! (but not really equipment, just as knowing your CODB, paying taxes, etc.. are not really equipment! Although ALL are needed)

kathyt

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
My brain. Without that, everything is moot.

Mike_E

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
Photos OK to edit
If you're going to do weddings or general events then I'd say a really good (supportive) pair of shoes along with an exercise program that you'll stick with.

Just how much actual work shooting these is often gets overlooked and your work begins to suffer as you grow tired and bits and pieces of you start to ache,

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics