Favour~ Fashion Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These last few weeks have been super busy for me both with having more clients booked for shoots than I have ever had before, and getting ready to spend another Summer in Ketchikan AK. Shooting and editing so much has been exhausting, but today's shoot was more than worth it. This is my favorite shot from today.

All natural light.
EOS 5D MKII
85mm @f/1.4
1/500th sec
ISO 400
untitled_by_danostergren-d8p8jtn.jpg

EOS 5D MKII
85mm @f/1.2
1/2000th sec
ISO 250
untitled_by_danostergren-d8p8s25.jpg

Last edited:
All good but I notice her teeth more
I do as well, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Her teeth played a big part in why I picked her from the list the agency gave me. It's my favorite detail about her look.

I do as well, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Her teeth played a big part in why I picked her from the list the agency gave me. It's my favorite detail about her look.

My first thoughts: I think here teeth are competing with her eyes. She is kind of hiding behind the tree. In this case I would argue that it is more important to have the focus on her eyes, for a more peeking from behind the tree feeling. With her mouth opened the way it it, she seems a bit disturbed .

After looking into the photo a bit more, her eyes seem like they are glaring a bit. In which case the position of her mouth makes sense.

My first thoughts: I think here teeth are competing with her eyes. She is kind of hiding behind the tree. In this case I would argue that it is more important to have the focus on her eyes, for a more peeking from behind the tree feeling. With her mouth opened the way it it, she seems a bit disturbed .

After looking into the photo a bit more, her eyes seem like they are glaring a bit. In which case the position of her mouth makes sense.
I actually wanted her teeth showing in the majority of the shots. Like I said before the teeth played a huge role in why I picked her out to model for this shoot.

I like the blurred effect of this photo.

Great light work. You have the contrasty highlights and light grays of the leaves contrasted with the dark grays tonof the model. Makes for great separation of model and bg.

I like the blurred effect of this photo.
Thank you.
Great light work. You have the contrasty highlights and light grays of the leaves contrasted with the dark grays tonof the model. Makes for great separation of model and bg.
Thanks! It's a lot more high key than I am used to working with, so I was unsure about the tonal range.

Added another image. I may post a few more as well when I finish editing them.

Haunting eyes. I like her teeth - and her hair. Very nice pictures. I would have added a tiny bit more exposure to her face in the second picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back