February Magnolias

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got over to the park this afternoon and everything is bustin' out blooming. Even saw cherry trees with blossoms on them. So this gave me a chance to put the macro lens on my X-T2 for the first time since I bought the camera.

Joe

magnolia1.jpg

magnolia_close.jpg

Last edited:
So there's an adapter that fits the Rodagon, interesting.

Easy to use an enlarging lens on a Fuji. First you need an X mount helical adapter ($50.00). Ideally make that Fuji X to M42. It needs to be a helical adapter so you can focus. To attach the enlarging lens you'll need a 39mm to 42mm step ring ($2.95). Then depending on the focal length of the enlarging lens you'll want to add a set of M42 extension tubes ($15.00) to get you in the working range you're after.

One more thing. Avoid enlarging lenses (like a Rodagon) that have a lighted f/stop display. They do that by transferring light from the enlarger and they'll work both ways. If you do get such a lens you'll have to seal what would otherwise be a light leak -- easy enough I used black nail polish inside the back of the lens.

Joe

Easy to use an enlarging lens on a Fuji. First you need an X mount helical adapter ($50.00). Ideally make that Fuji X to M42. It needs to be a helical adapter so you can focus. To attach the enlarging lens you'll need a 39mm to 42mm step ring ($2.95). Then depending on the focal length of the enlarging lens you'll want to add a set of M42 extension tubes ($15.00) to get you in the working range you're after.

One more thing. Avoid enlarging lenses (like a Rodagon) that have a lighted f/stop display. They do that by transferring light from the enlarger and they'll work both ways. If you do get such a lens you'll have to seal what would otherwise be a light leak -- easy enough I used black nail polish inside the back of the lens.

Joe
If you're using some extension tubes ... why not just use a Fujinon lens ... seems much less complicated?

Joe
If you're using some extension tubes ... why not just use a Fujinon lens ... seems much less complicated?

Enlarging lenses are corrected for close focus distances. They make really good macro lenses. For that kind of work you're on a tripod anyway so manual focus is no big deal.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back