Feedback on Nevada landscape photos

Daveleau

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please let me know what you think. Here are a few shots taken during my recent very short trip to Las Vegas.

Valley of Fire 1 by daveleau, on Flickr
This is near the entrance of the Valley of Fire Ntioal Park entrance. I wanted to show the contrast of color, terrain contrast, and rock type.

Lake Mead 2 by daveleau, on Flickr
This shows Lake Mead as it stands less than half full. While still open for water activities, as shown by the sail boat that does a good job of conveying scale, the lake has roughly 4.5 million gallons of water in it. This is down from roughly 10 million gallons. Several boat launches are closed, and you can see much more exposed rock than usual.

Please let me know what you think. In my estimation, after about 5-6hours of shooting in the Valley of Fire, I got about 6 keeper photos. Unfortunately, the area is not great for sunset colors due to the high rim of regular mountains encircling the area.

Thanks,
Dave

Very nice shots, nicely exposed. The second one needs some horizon adjustment, if you look at the water line it is slightly tilted. I'd also cheat a little and bump the saturation up a tad to accentuate some of the colors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back