Feedback Welcome

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My father inlaw asked me to do some promo shots of him in his music studio for his agency who have been nagging him for some shots that they can put on his profile.

I only really got a couple of shots I'm happy with. A few shots are very nearly there but something's wrong. I might go back and reshoot a couple of them, his studio is in the grounds of his house and is only 20 mins away from me so is no big deal.

Anyway, general feedback welcome. Tips for anything I might be able to get on a reshoot would be welcome.

These are a 'work in progress':

1. One of my favs. Post processing has made this a bit 'fuzzy' which I can correct.
Rchard_Draganizer.jpg

2. Funkier version of above.
Rchard_col_sml.jpg

3. A poor mono conversion but another shot I thought was OK. Again looks a bit soft in places but it's my processing, the shot is sharp.
richard_mono.jpg

4. Tinted mono.
richard2.jpg

The ones that could have been good, but I think have missed the mark :(

5. Bit of a funny expression but this could have been my fav.
richard.jpg

6. Nice perspective but wrong expression. I should have got him to actually play something and have him looking down at the keyboard. It seems a bit 'lobby of a cheesy hotel "This one goes out to all the Ladieez"' if you know what I mean?!
richard_grunge.jpg

Feedback and critisism welcome. Please don't feel you need to pull punches ;)

Cheers,

Mohain

I like number 3.

I agree with the last post, no 3. is my favourite. I also like the image in 1 and 2 and wonder whether mono would be good?

Very nice shots - as you point out, 5 is great but the expression aint quite right.

Really good series though, I image both him and his agency will be made up with them.

Cheers,

Jamie

I also agree with the above posts, number 3 looks good. I just looks very natural to me.

I really like 1+2 except for the weird color composition-wise they are a great enviromental portrait.

I like how he looks laid back and at home in #3. However, I just love the perspective in #4. Not sure if I like the tint though. And, I like #6. I actually don't think his expression is bad at all, but it does seem strange to have him look at the camera while playing...

Thanks a lot for your input. He's seen the gallery of shots and is pleased and is getting back to me to choose a couple to work up. I don't think they're the one's I chosen tho ;)

I'll post the finished items when I'm done.

Thanks a lot :mrgreen:

Mohain

Most reactions

New Topics

Back