Female Ruby Throughted Hummingbirds

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well you know how I feel, but it does look like the texture simulated feather detail.. I would like to see the original also :)

Thupmer429

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
They are really good its something that i have found hard to get is bird flying never get it right...

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you could tone down the texture so it's very subtle, I think #1 would look splendid hanging on a wall.

#3 is the winner for me.

Thanks for sharing great shots.

OP
hopdaddy

hopdaddy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Beautiful images. I would really like to see number 1 without the filter as I think that would be my favourite. All looking great though!
Thanks For your comments . I will post the photo without the Oil Paint filter shortly.

Well you know how I feel, but it does look like the texture simulated feather detail.. I would like to see the original also :)
Hi Coastalconn,All three photos have been heavily worked over in post . Knowing how you feel ,is the pp in the remaining two photos ,too heavy handed for your taste ?
All three images are charming, but the first one is my favorite.
Thanks for the comment ,I'm glad you like them .
They are really good its something that i have found hard to get is bird flying never get it right...
Thank you too,Thupmer429. If I can suggest ,Look into "Back Button Focusing" It made a difference in my keeper rate for B.I.F. .
If you could tone down the texture so it's very subtle, I think #1 would look splendid hanging on a wall.

#3 is the winner for me.

Thanks for sharing great shots.
HEY BROTHER !! Thanks for your thoughts ,Your opinion ranks High on my list !
Cool shots!
Thanks for commenting ,much appreciated .

OP
hopdaddy

hopdaddy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

DSC_0068II by Clyde Hopper, on Flickr

This is still Edited in ACR , And then noise reduction inCS6 . ISO was at 1250 ,and with an old D90 there is a good amount of noise to deal with , Some of that noise I deal with in ACR ,then try to smoothen things out in BG only in CS."I didn't go as far as I normally do on this one tho...Of course if you just use the "Oil Paint Filter " No noise reduction is needed , It also hides all the Artifacts too. IMHO ,This last photo needs a bit more work ,The comp is ok ,but the pp is not.

Most reactions

ClickASnap