nossie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.quitealright.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Typical small bar stage lighting:
350d @ ISO1600 so noise is promised but what can you do?
70-200L IS at f2.8. In this shot it's at 185mm and it's handheld.

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

_mg_7509.jpg

the photo is really cool, but what i like the most is that her tongue ring appears to connect to the lebret ring. (did i spell lebret right?)

I dunno. I'm one of those guys that doesn't even wear a watch.

Going through the serious of shots looking for prints I'm becoming convinced that I'm beyond the safe working area of the 350d. Focusing is just so hard in this light and the metering tends to go crazy. Roll on Xmas and the 1ds III :D

What? So shortly before your wedding you'll be getting that new camera????
ENVY!
ENVY!
ENVY!
At Christmas time, my own 350D will become 2 years old and it will need to stay with me and be the only one I have for many more years to come, I'm afraid! Though I'd LOVE to upgrade! But .............. not to be had. :(

Your photo is great!
Was it originally colour? Conversion looks good then, though I might have tried out even more clear black and clear white... Perfect moment.

Well the 1Ds has to earn it's keep otherwise it'll be back on eBay just as quick as it came in. Under guidance of a friend I'm gonna get a loan and let the camera pay it back 300ish per month for 3 years.

yup the original is colour but all washed out with the red lights so I've had to convert them all to BW and sharpen them plenty

I think this is an excellent shot. The emotion pouring out of your subject is overwhelming. The lighting does take out a small portion of detail away from her scarf and possibly lightens her skin too much on the left, but I can live with that. She is definitely in charge of the moment.

I think this is an excellent shot. The emotion pouring out of your subject is overwhelming. The lighting does take out a small portion of detail away from her scarf and possibly lightens her skin too much on the left, but I can live with that. She is definitely in charge of the moment.
Thanks noneemoose (did I spell that correctly ;) ). My angle was that I was more concerned about the softness in the image, around the eyes, no sharp lines at the teeth. It's like I got the focus lock 1/2 second before she leaned in/ out of focus. Some shots are so soft that the look like old 1960's album cover photographs. I suppose I'm wondering if it's still in the realm of acceptable?
I found it really difficult to get a good sharp focus with the 350d in this light, and it's not that it was too dark but it was so red. Add to that the lively teens that never stayed still. I've sent about 30 out to be printed so the truth will be there. Fingers crossed.

i like it, great moment capture

i keep coming back to this picture...

Thanks noneemoose (did I spell that correctly ;) ). My angle was that I was more concerned about the softness in the image, around the eyes, no sharp lines at the teeth. It's like I got the focus lock 1/2 second before she leaned in/ out of focus. Some shots are so soft that the look like old 1960's album cover photographs. I suppose I'm wondering if it's still in the realm of acceptable?
I found it really difficult to get a good sharp focus with the 350d in this light, and it's not that it was too dark but it was so red. Add to that the lively teens that never stayed still. I've sent about 30 out to be printed so the truth will be there. Fingers crossed.

I think it works. Hope the prints do as well.

but naturally the question is...do you find it spiffy?
it's my AOL screen name from 5th grade.... hasnt changed yet.

but i find the picture quite spiffy :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back