Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
November-9.jpg

November-10.jpg

November-7.jpg

November-6.jpg

Having this view yesterday from the bottom of my garden makes life worth living

Just hoping the Ash in the hedges keep clear of the fungus.

I am a little nervous to give negative feedback to someone who has been around as long as you. But I don't see it?

I assume you were trying to capture something particularly stunning in the silhouetting of the trees against the horizon but all your horizon lines are way too busy. And the angle they are shot at makes your trees look short and stubby.

I wanted to play with one of the shots to see if there was a way to crop it that would make it work. And while I really wasn't able to do so in a way that left your subject matter recognizable I did find a crop that leaves you with a pretty interesting abstract.

Attachments

• $November-6a.jpg
    $November-6a.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 81
Thanks for taking the time out to experiment and the tangled ivy on the trunk of the Ash tree works well.

This is the view i see every morning as i get up, looking down on the trees which makes them look short then over the fen dipping down to sea level then up to Ely Cathedral on the skyline about two miles away. I have experimented myself since posting and I think prefer some with a little more detail in the foreground from use of the adjustment brush in Lightroom. I think I was working more for landscape than abstract, but your comments have made me think - no bad thing at my advanced age! My first camera was a Zeiss 5x4 plate of my father's in 1948.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back