Few n00b questions

josh2449

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Excuse my n00biness, but is it possible to change the shutter speed on the S400? If so, how?

What is everyone's opinion on the Digital Rebel? I'm almost deadset on getting that camera as my next one.

and finally

Is there any camera that is especially good at taking macros that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Or a camera that doesnt cost alot that you can get a good macro lens for?

Thanks for any help. :D

the best thing to do would be get a good SLR. it can be digital if you want, but then get some close up filters....they yield good results. and are the cheapest way to get those results.

md

MDowdey said:
the best thing to do would be get a good SLR. it can be digital if you want, but then get some close up filters....they yield good results. and are the cheapest way to get those results.

md

Which one do you recommend? I really like the Rebel, but I am open to suggestions.

From what I can tell on the DPReview site, there's no way to change the shutter speed or aperture, directly or indirectly. Your camera will macro, you can get to within 2" away of your subject (that's pretty close).

I have a DRebel, I love it, I am biased.

FOr macro, check the specs for the camera. Specific models I know that will do a good job is the Canon G5 and Nikon Coolpix 4300. There are others too. Generally I think Nikon or Canon are good. Sony isn't well known for marco function.

digital rebel looks like a fantastic camera... especially for the price. invest in good lenses and you're set. the only reason i didn't go with the digital rebel was the lack of a few "studio oriented features" so i opted for 10D at twice the price.

For macros... get a set of Kenko Extension tubes (for your new rebel :wink: )... $150 will get you as much or as little macro as you like... (anyone feel the need to take a picture of the date on a dime?) and its a lot cheaper than buying a macro lens.

Most reactions

Back