What's new

FIBUA training, British Army. C&C

I would go even more. I'd show you what I have but your thing says you don't want people editing your pictures.

The way I did it, I cropped in so there is about 3/4 of his helmet height above his head. I cropped in from the left so you can see the trunk of the tree on the left there and just a LITTLE bit of the lefthand branches. I also, actually, cropped in from the right, which cuts off a bit of his backside, but it works well for the composition and his butt doesn't add much anyway.

I see what you're saying about context, but my OPINION is that you only need a small amount of the subject's surroundings to give us a sense of what we're dealing with. Anything more than a hint is too much and distracts from the real impact of the image. I personally think that this is a bad trend with photographers as of late... wedding shots with GIANT panoramic scenes where you cannot even begin to tell who the bride and groom are because they take up 1/10000th of the image. That kind of thing. (This is not an example like that by any means, but it flirts with that general trend)

The crop I have of this on my screen- IMO- is much more powerful.
 
Like...?
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_75594912 x 73601-3200 sec at f - 4.0120 mmISO 400NIKON CORPORATIONNIKON D8003004140001.webp
    $DSC_75594912 x 73601-3200 sec at f - 4.0120 mmISO 400NIKON CORPORATIONNIKON D8003004140001.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 145
don't hate me.... but... I like the original crop ;)
 

Yup. Damn close.

BTW, if you feel strongly about the way you had it before, by all means leave it. This is just my opinion. I think the image is stronger cropped.

don't hate me.... but... I like the original crop ;)

That's it. I SO hate you now. :)
 
don't hate me.... but... I like the original crop ;)

That's it. I SO hate you now. :)

huh.....hm.......then... ..huh....well.... I hate you more!
(the whole this time I thought you're a woman until I clicked on your google+ :blushing:... please don't hate me even more!)
 
:lol: Really? Funny.
 
:lol: Really? Funny.
it's something about the way you write ... and even though I hate you from now on I really like the way you write critique and other posts :)
 
You should read my book! It'll make you hate me even more! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom