Figgy Azalea

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife recently got a Fiddle Leaf Fig tree, which she promptly named Figgy Azalea. I've been noticing the very prominent structures within the leaves when the morning sun shines through them. So, naturally I needed to capture some images of them! Here are the three that turned out best. One thing I would have done differently, in hind sight, is cleaned the leaves off with a damp towel before taking the photos. There were quite a few dust spots and tiny fibers on the leaves I had to take out in post.

-Nikon D800 with Nikon 105mm f/2.8 macro lens.
-Back lit with OCF
-1/60sec, ISO 100, f/16
-PP in LR

Figgy Azalea-101.jpg

Figgy Azalea-103.jpg

3. I added 70mm of extension tubes for this image to get in as tight as I could. Focus ended up a bit more on the midvein than the rest of the leaf, but I think it's neat how it highlights that structure.
Figgy Azalea-107.jpg

These are really cool. Like looking at skin cells under a microscope! Beautiful and nicely done.

These are really cool. Like looking at skin cells under a microscope! Beautiful and nicely done.
Thanks! I also thought they looked like neighborhoods, dotted with houses, as they would look from an airplane.

Thanks! I also thought they looked like neighborhoods, dotted with houses, as they would look from an airplane.
Great observation! Like rambling streets with houses on various lot sizes. Love it! (You should be a painter.) ;)

Nice shots.

I love these shots. The more the leaves start to decay the cooler it starts to look. If you're lucky enough to get them when they're just a skeletal frame left... wow!

Thanks for the cool set!

I love these shots. The more the leaves start to decay the cooler it starts to look. If you're lucky enough to get them when they're just a skeletal frame left... wow!

Thanks for the cool set!
Thanks! The tree is pretty new, so no dying leaves yet, but I'll keep an eye out when one does!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back