Fight Club Discussion

Fight Club

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a place for general contest talk, and all that jazz.

So, get to it!

would it be possible for the person posting the Fightclub thread each week to put in how long it is till 2pm EST from the time they have posted the thread - just so as people in other times zones can just add the time onto the threads time (in their different locations) to know when it is

I happen to know that here it starts at 8 o'clock on Sunday night, when at 8:15 my favourite crime story programme starts on TV, which is why on most Sundays I simply opt out... I ran and jumped about while my favourite programme was on once, and even had Sabine run and jump about (and roll over the floor for me), but not since.

Aren't we not supposed to talk about fight club? Isn't that the first rule?

I mean, the irony of having a "fight club discussion" :crazy:

On the contrary, you are urged to go tell everyone about fight club! :p

"Go, tell it to the mountain!"-like ???
"Over the hills and everywhere" ???

8 PM in Germany is when I'm in the middle of putting the kids to sleep. Can we stretch this to three hours... let the EXIF show that we shot in one hour, but all of it at 8 PM is just not possible.

I also think that a stretch is in order. 1 hour to conceive and shoot, then 1 hour to edit and upload. I'm on the ass end of the DSL line out in the country and uploading can be slow.

Just my 2¢.

2 hours is way too much for a contest like this! The fun is the time crunch, and uploading, even on a slow connection, shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes, and if that's a problem, there's always extensions for that kind of thing, but removing the absurdity of the time limit completely changes the contest.

I like the pressure of 1 hour. Today, I only had 35 minutes to get my pics shot, edited and uploaded. Im not on highspeed internet, but still got in under the wire. Lots of running around tho.
My only suggestion is to stagger the times that Fight Club is a go. For some of us...2pm on a Sunday after noon, is perfect. But for some, it lands in the middle of chores ect. That way, it would give others who miss out a chance to play. :D

2 hours is way too much for a contest like this! The fun is the time crunch, and uploading, even on a slow connection, shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes, and if that's a problem, there's always extensions for that kind of thing, but removing the absurdity of the time limit completely changes the contest.

Ok, can it be run twice, once at 2 PM Central European time, or GMT?

Ok, can it be run twice, once at 2 PM Central European time, or GMT?
I think it is something that should be looked into, but I dont have any powers here to change it. :lol::lol: Im just thinkin that yous guys/gals in different time zones might not have the luxury of daylight, and the time to play. Even if we alternated time zones every week or sompin. :D Im not sure who Fight Club is or where they are in relation to those time zones.:er: If it is inconvenient to them, maybe a second person could take it over the other time zone.
Just thinkin out loud.......(gets duct tape out and tapes mouth shut):lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back