***Fight Club*** Round 70 Voting

Thanks for the congratulations.

I look forward to fight club whenever I get the chance. Especially since I know some of the regulars are going to post some very tough photos to beat. :thumbup:

Congratulations to all that participated :clap: and especially mishele and O|||||||O (who also took first place in my book).

Until next Sunday

Thanks, Ralph

...Winner has to buy a round. :cool:

Hows that top 20 thing work? What do the numbers mean?

I'd post the formula again (It's in one of the old weeks, can't remember when this particular iteration came to be), but like Josh said, it's pretty complex. Essentially:

Step 1: Take the average number of votes a player receives per voter in a given contest. This was the original formula, but it quickly became apparent that it wasn't enough.

Step 2: Take the step 1 number and weight it based on the number of
players in the contest. This way, the number wasn't higher because there were only 2 players fighting for the votes instead of 15.

Step 3: We ran into a few new players who posted incredibly high scores, then left, making it nearly impossible for the consistent players to do well, so I also made it based on how many games you've played. It increases rapidly until about 10 rounds, then levels off.

Step 4: multiply by 100 to make it MOER AWESOM.

Hows that top 20 thing work? What do the numbers mean?

I'd post the formula again (It's in one of the old weeks, can't remember when this particular iteration came to be), but like Josh said, it's pretty complex. Essentially:

Step 1: Take the average number of votes a player receives per voter in a given contest. This was the original formula, but it quickly became apparent that it wasn't enough.

Step 2: Take the step 1 number and weight it based on the number of
players in the contest. This way, the number wasn't higher because there were only 2 players fighting for the votes instead of 15.

Step 3: We ran into a few new players who posted incredibly high scores, then left, making it nearly impossible for the consistent players to do well, so I also made it based on how many games you've played. It increases rapidly until about 10 rounds, then levels off.

Step 4: multiply by 100 to make it MOER AWESOM.

Haha that is pretty intense!

Ralph!!!!! WOOHOOO!! Great job guys!!! And did I hear someone owes me a drink?!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back