What's new

Figured I'd make one too -- New T2i pictures -- CC plz!

DerekSalem

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
660
Reaction score
10
Location
Cleveland, OH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright upgraded my body from an XSi to T2i the other day. Had to call all over Cleveland until I finally found one at the Dodd head shop up on Chester and E30th. Since it really isn't "out" yet I could only get the kit version (apparently the body-only were all "reserved"). I went to an event the night I bought it and managed to take a few pictures. I honestly didn't get any time to play with the camera before going so the settings are all pretty bland and these pictures have *absolutely* no PP. If someone wants to PP and see what they look like please do!

BTW, it was *very* dark in the coffee house (open-mic night) and flash isn't exactly "wanted".

1
4400110973_83809bfa94_b.jpg



2
4400874194_d9b6600237_b.jpg


3
4400871280_92b3b4f379_b.jpg


4
4400080375_f873e24e83_b.jpg


5
4399871394_072dab2668_b.jpg


All were taken with my Sigma 18-200 at ISO3200 except the final one which was taken with a Tamron 17-50mm/2.8 literally 1 minute after opening the box of the new body.
 
Photos 2 and 3 really capture the coffee house ambiance!!! In photo 3, I like how you used the out of focus foreground people as a framing device to direct attention to the singer in the background. I also like the symmetry of the four spotlights on the ceiling in frame 3--it's a very straight forward "documentary-like" rendering of the scene.

You're the first person I've read about with the brand new,spiffy T2i. How is the view through the viewfinder? Is it a good,clear view? How does the shutter sound? Is it quiet? Dish,dish! Give us a user report from the field!
 
Well I have to say it's a *HUGE* improvement over the XSi. I loved the XSi but this thing completely blows it away in terms of quickness (faster focusing), noise (in terms of sound -- very quiet in all aspects including shutter), and the low-light performance is great.

View through the viewfinder is very clear. It's still around 95% view (about the same as the XSi) but at least it's a crystal clear view.

The big difference is the LCD. It is *GORGEOUS*. It's finally a 3:2 ratio screen (so no black bars while viewing pictures and very small ones while viewing 1080/720p video but it's very high resolution (just over 1 million pixels). Looks beautiful.

As far as video: spectacular. It took me almost a full day to figure out how to get to manual exposure (I didn't read the manual until last night and I didn't realize there was a third video menu) so the 3 videos I took at the coffee house looked a little noisy/blurry (they were all shot at ISO3200 and around f/5.6)...but with manual control on I can bump up the shutter speed and lower the f-stop and ISO...now it looks crystal clear, as well.

*VERY* happy with this camera. In a few days I'll post some much better shots
 
so the XSi is ur backup now?

Actually selling it either to my best friend or my mom. She loves to play around with SLRs at events and such (my dad's been a photographer for 30+ years) and she's kind of always wanted one. If she decides not to buy it (for a well-reduced price, don't worry) then my best friend has offered to buy it.

I had to buy the T2i with kit lens since it was the only way I could get it early, so I'd be selling the XSi with the kit lens.
 
so the XSi is ur backup now?

Actually selling it either to my best friend or my mom. She loves to play around with SLRs at events and such (my dad's been a photographer for 30+ years) and she's kind of always wanted one. If she decides not to buy it (for a well-reduced price, don't worry) then my best friend has offered to buy it.

I had to buy the T2i with kit lens since it was the only way I could get it early, so I'd be selling the XSi with the kit lens.

I am not very familiar with the kit lens on them, but are the XSi and the T2i's the same?
 
I am not very familiar with the kit lens on them, but are the XSi and the T2i's the same?

Haha not exactly....

I finally got a chance to go and shoot the new T2i last night and was amazed at how well it performed at higher ISO's. I cant believe your coffee shop pics are at 3200, I'm sure they are noisy at a 100% crop but the images you posted seem smooth.

I was shooting sunsets last night bracketing +-1 and some of them turned out pretty cool, even at 1600 or 3200 which is a totally new thing for me, the old 300D I was using before was total throw away crap anywhere above 400.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom