File recovery

Redeyejedi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i boneheaded it last week....i was viewing images i recently shot on a laptop, i had my card reader hooked up and to save time, i decided to just copy the jpegs to quickly view them. i guess that action registered in my scatterbrain that i did the transfer to the workflow folder on the desktop, so card went back in cam next day or so and was apparently reformatted and shot over.are the files recoverable?is there a way to get the RAW files back if i have some of the jpegs i was able to locate?word of advice: develop a seemless workflow and abide by it. this is the second time this happaened. [insert]FACEPALM[/insert]

I've found MjM the best free recovery.... at least for Nikon NEF files.

i get an error when using mJm on win7 on the desktop and the laptop, and another program stellar recovery crashes.so far pc inspector file recovery seems to be running and finding files for past few hours....just hoping for the best.

Try Card Data Recovery. I once used it when it is free. but now you have to pay for money to get the full version.

Last edited by a moderator:
DO NOT write over data until you get your pictures back. Also save them in a different location. This happenes to me last week, I lost over 500gbs of pictures.

yes, no need to worry , your files can be recovered with the help of a great tool Kernel for Windows data recovery having advanced feature to get back all corrupt data from hard disk.

Will that also work to recover corrupt files/pics from a DVD? I did a back up a few years back and when I put the DVD in recently about half of the files were corrupt.

You could also try the free tool Recuva made by Piriform.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back