Film expired?

Youngun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I bought a batch of various professional negative films this past August and through a trip to the hospital I have not gotten to shoot any of it. On the boxes it says develop by "some month in 2005". The film has been stored at room temperature. My question is if this film is still good to shoot? thanks all.......

I still shoot with film that expired in 1996 in really crappy, hot conditions, and aside from the film speed going down, it still works pretty well.

Of course, that's because I can't afford sheetfilm these days... It's so pricey :eek:

Professional film is less stable than amateur film - the colour balance tends to go.
If it is kept in a fridge it lasts a lot longer. In a freezer - years.
Room temp is not good.
However - pros are worried about accurate colours. For general Am use it should be ok. Just do some test shots and judge from that.

Well if it says 2005 then its not out dated. Just keep it in the freezer until about an hour before you use it. I have used film that I have in the freezer with much more outdated exp than that and never really had a bad roll.

Your film will probably work OK. I shot black and white film a couple of years ago, that expired in 1957 and it developed OK.

I just bought an assortment to test out my new cam and lenses (F100, Nikkors 85 and 50 1.8's). So I think for my purposes it should work ok. thanks guys.

Most reactions

Back