Film, Film, Film! (35-mm, color print)

5th

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Morning everyone!

The local supplier of Fuji Reala is from Wolf/Ritz camera in Georgia. The packaging actually says FUJICOLOR SUPERIA REALA with a barcode of 0/74101/20113/0 and local pricing of $5.99 for a 36-exposure roll. The packaging also states this is Manufactured For The U.S.A., and also Made In Japan.

Wandering arounf the B&H Photo (and video) website brings me to some strangeness that I feel I must inquire about. Yes, I am and have been familiar with B&H and other vendors selling films both intended for the USA market and film stock not intended for the USA market, but that is not what I am curious about--go figure. :lol:

What I am curious about is that B&H is listing variations for 100 (ISO):

Fujifilm CN 135-36 Fujicolor Superia 100 Color Print Film 01010116
Fujifilm CS 135-36 Fujicolor Reala Color Print Film 01020113

Should I interpret this as the 01010116 being consumer-grade and the 01010113 being professional grade?

Also, I am a little bewildered if the product formulations for the Reala is difference for the USA and non-USA markets since they both 'seem' to be made in Japan. Am I wrong on this 'seemingly' geo-manufacturing status? In other words, are the non-USA stocks not made in Japan?[/url]

The film is the same if it is Reala whether gray market or USA. The numbers are batch numbers. The only unknown factor is how and where the film has been stored after it left the factory and how near the expiration date.

After my post I noticed how close those numbers were to the bar code on the packaging. I do not think these two film stocks are the same, and as such would not care to limit myself in idle curiosity. I guess I'll stick with the limited curiosity of Import vs. USA stock on just the Reala. It would have been nice to know, though, and maybe I'll call Fuji this week.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back