What's new

Film Find

Ysarex103 97

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,720
Reaction score
4,582
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I own a vacant lot in south city where my wife and I grow fruit trees. Years ago before we purchased the lot someone had illegally dump a load of concrete rubble on the back end of the lot where it meets the alley. I've been slowly working on clearing that out and did some work on it this afternoon. As I shoveled along up came a familiar object -- a 35mm roll of Kodak Gold 200 seemingly intact with the film spool in place. Exposed or unexposed (no film leader would suggest exposed)? Buried for years it's not too likely any images can still be retrieved.

film-cassette.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: cgw
Then there's this story. Hope that roll of Gold held up as well as the SD card!

 
It's possible there might be something on it. When we get a roll of film that is similar or got wet I take it out and load it onto a steel reel and soak in water first. Then we run it and hope. Most times the emulsion comes off in blotches and sometimes it looks like this.....

KocKi0X.jpg
 
It's possible there might be something on it. When we get a roll of film that is similar or got wet I take it out and load it onto a steel reel and soak in water first. Then we run it and hope. Most times the emulsion comes off in blotches and sometimes it looks like this.....

KocKi0X.jpg
I guess we have to try -- I'll wipe it off and drop it by sometime next week.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom